Build budgets. Simplify esoteric financial information. Business analytics.
Are you analytical, do you have a strategic mindset, can you roll up your sleeves….read further!
The role you'll play:
At HX, your primary responsibility will be budgeting, reporting, forecasting and providing strategic direction to the growth and evolution of our organization. You will report directly to the CEO and President. If you are results-driven, a self-starter who wants to work with stakeholders across the organization, takes tasks from start to finish and enjoys working in a fast-paced, challenging environment, this job is for you!
About the team:
Working on Finance at Houston Exponential is like having a front row seat to the future of Houston. There is no team quite like ours anywhere, inside or outside of tech. It's a unique opportunity to both work at an agile, exciting startup and spend your day assisting in the growth of our organization and improving its effectiveness . You will be a part of a close knit team that possesses strong work ethics while knowing how to have a bit of fun along the way.
Your main tasks:
- Budget & Forecasting: responsible for all activities supporting annual operational and financial budgets with an emphasis on building driver-based forecasts, quarterly financial forecast updates, cash forecasting processes, analysis of variances and long-range strategic financial projections, payables and receivables review, approval and payment
- Vendor management: Interact with external accounting/book-keeping company, external auditors, etc.
- Reporting: provide accurate, timely, and actionable financial reporting and key business metrics. Utilizing BI tools to deliver meaningful insights into business performance, create and operate a budget
- Create board deck materials for quarterly board meetings
- Supporting decision making, making recommendations to management, and driving business growth
- Own long-range model and plans
- Spearhead grant-writing initiatives
- Participate in ad-hoc strategic business analyses by creating thorough financial models and communicating findings in an insightful and actionable manner
What you bring to the table:
- P&L budgeting / forecasting experience require
- Working knowledge of GAAP is required
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to articulate financial concepts to non-finance business partners in a clear and concise manner, at all levels of the organization
- Highly detail-oriented, motivated self-starter with strong organizational, analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks/projects and prioritize in a dynamic environment
- Experience in grant-writing initiatives
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant analytical experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills, G Suites and Powerpoint required
Encouraged to apply: Candidates with startup experience or those who exhibit a hunger to learn and grow their domain knowledge. Brownie points for candidates with experience (tangentially or otherwise) in startups.